Hi frank,

Building on your great work for RaspberryPi, I've reworked your guide a
bit to document getting MusicIP working on Odroid-XU4 with Ubuntu 16.04
LTS and max2play. I hope you don't mind my own modifications to get
autostart working on XU4.

Download and unpack MusicIP 1.8 for linux
http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-software

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list file and every file in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d, adding [arch=armhf] behind each occurence of
deb.
So for example the line
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ xenial main universe
restricted
would become
deb [arch=armhf] http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ xenial main
universe restricted

For the Max2Play installation, following two files had to be modified:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/odroid.list

Next, we have to add package sources for i386 packages to our apt
configuration. We'll do it the obvious way and take the official Debian
repositories.
Of course you are free to choose other mirrors, if you prefer.
To do that, you create the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/i386.list via
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/i386.list and insert the following

deb [arch=i386] http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial main
restricted universe multiverse
deb [arch=i386] http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-updates main
restricted universe multiverse
deb [arch=i386] http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ xenial-security main
restricted universe multiverse

Then add the i386 architecture and update packages:
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update

Install binfmt, qemu and libc for i386:
sudo apt-get install binfmt-support qemu-user
sudo apt-get install libc6:i386

Ignore warnings...

Start MusicMagic server (in my case installed in the odroid
home-directory):
sudo /home/odroid/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer start
It should be accessible via http://localhost:10002/server

To make 'MusicIP Server' start when system boots:
Run terminal
cd /etc/init.d/
sudo ln -s /home/odroid/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/mmserver
sudo update-rc.d mmserver defaults

>From Desktop, find '/etc/rc.local' and open as administrator
Add the following line...
sudo /etc/init.d/mmserver start

To start manually...
sudo /etc/init.d/mmserver start

To stop manually...
sudo /etc/init.d/mmserver stop

Run the web based server using http://localhost:10002/server

Edit the file and add the header for the init daemon, adapt the pathes.
My version looks like:

------------
#! /bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: mmserver
# Required-Start: $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop: $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start: 2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start MusicIP daemon at boot time
### END INIT INFO

# NON-PRIVIELEGED USER TO RUN MUSICMAGICSERVER.
USER=odroid
# PATH TO THE MUSICMAGICMIXERSERVER
export MUSICHOME=/home/odroid/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/
case $1 in
start)
# next line was original
        # su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer start  & > /dev/null"
        sudo -u odroid /home/odroid/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer
start & > /dev/null 2>&1
        echo "Running MusicMagicServer"
        exit
        ;;
stop)
# next line was original
        # su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer stop  & > /dev/null"
        sudo -u odroid /home/odroid/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer
stop & > /dev/null 2>&1
        echo "Stopped MusicMagicServer"
        exit
        ;;
*)
echo "Usage: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mmserver { start | stop }"
        exit
        ;;
esac

--------

Then register the start script and reboot:
sudo update-rc.d mmserver defaults
sudo reboot

The MusicIP plugin should run out of the box (may require restart of LMS
to recognize the MusicIP server in case LMS is started to early).

If using max2play there is an option to delay LMS startup. I use a delay
of 60 seconds to ensure MusicIP is running before LMS.

==========================================================================================================

Hopefully this makes sense and shows others how franks method can be
modified for other ARM  platforms and versions of Linux.

Best wishes

Bob

1 x Touch
1 x Radio
1 x Boom
1 x Cubox-i4 Pro SoA
1 X Odroid-XU4 as main server and player running LMS 7.9
Lavry DA-10 DAC
HP PC as secondary server running LMS 7.9
Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
Behringer DEQ2496
Linn Isobarik DMS