srasher wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> I finally got to trying this out. Unfortunately it didn't work as
> seemlessly as I had hoped.
>
> First, I am trying this on a max2play installation on an Odroid U3.
> I had put different lines to the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/i386.list. As
> the max2play installation on the Odroid is not based directly on
> Debian/Raspian Jessie, but refers to an ubuntu port of Trusty Tar, I had
> to put
>
> deb [arch=i386] http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty main
> restricted universe multiverse
> deb [arch=i386] http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-updates main
> restricted universe multiverse
> deb [arch=i386] http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty-security main
> restricted universe multiverse
>
> Before I was trying to use your lines in that file. binfmt-support and
> qemu-user installed fine, but for the installation of the libc6:i386 I
> got tons of dependency errors, referring to all kinds of base system
> tools and libs that I didn't specify to install. Looked like it was
> trying to do a kind of dist-upgrade from trusty to jessie or something
> like this.
>
> After finding those three lines referring to trusty, libc6:i386
> installed fine.
>
> When I am then trying to start the MusicMagicServer I get the following
> error message
>
> /home/odroid/Software/Squeezebox/musicip/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer:
> 1:
> /home/odroid/Software/Squeezebox/musicip/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer:
> Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
> And that's where I am stuck. As this is an executable it looks like the
> binfmt-support doesn't kick in, although when I try to start it with
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/binfmt-support start
>
> it states that it has already been started.
>
> I am pretty confident that the file is not corrupted from the download.
> There is only one Linux related download on the page you referred to and
> all the human readable files in the MusicIP archive look fine.
>
> Is there any hint anyone can give me? I am a little bit lost when it
> comes to qemu/binfmt related stuff and only tried to follow the Howto as
> close as possible.
>
> Thanks in advance for any bit of help, cheers,
> Seb

Hi Seb,
did you try to run the musicmagicserver via Qemu directly instead of
relying on binfmt?
Maybe as a first tes you can try if following lines starts the
web-interface of the MusicMagicServer:
sudo qemu-i386
/home/odroid/Software/Squeezebox/musicip/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer

(assuming the error code above hints to your installation path...)