pinkdot wrote:
> There used to be some problems with cue sheets not being utf-8 that
> caused some problems with characters in the past. If that is still
> valid, I don't know. I don't use WAV and cue sheets. All the WAV files i
> have are converted to FLAC to embed artwork and id3 tags. Could you
> upload a cue sheet for me that causes problems?What was the outcome of
> the scan now the playlists were excluded?

I will give a very brief history of my Umlaute (character) issues
first.

LMS on Windows first wasn't able to handle special chars in filenames,
then later it was. This is just about the time I switched to Mac, where
it never worked.
(Just to be clear, track names within the .cue sheets always were read
correctly, just the filenames didn't work.)
So what I did was to manually rename some of the files, but just the
ones that were important for me to find when browsing on LMS. The rest I
want to clean up now.

Unfortunately, the Mac somehow fu**ed up my cue sheets. For example, it
changed all ä to ‰, ö to ˆ and ü to ¸. At some point I will have to run
a batch script to change this back.

Anyway, because of this the scan obviously couldn't find some files.
Here's an example:

-Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE::parse (473) Error: Couldn't find
referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar -
Nafâs.wav] on disk! Skipping!-

(This was because â was changed to ‚)

Here's where it gets strange though. I manually copy-pasted the filename
back into the .cue sheet for a few albums. Scanning still didn't work
after this:

-Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE::parse (473) Error: Couldn't find
referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar -
Naf‰s.wav] on disk! Skipping!-

LOL, just got a step closer to the solution. Because in the scanner, it
reads 'Asita Hamadi's Bazaar - Nafs.wav'. However, just now when I
copy-pasted it ‰ showed up. I clearly have some character encoding
issues, I have to look into this.