maximus wrote:
> I will give a very brief history of my Umlaute (character) issues
> first.
>
> LMS on Windows first wasn't able to handle special chars in filenames,
> then later it was. This is just about the time I switched to Mac, where
> it never worked.
> (Just to be clear, track names within the .cue sheets always were read
> correctly, just the filenames didn't work.)
> So what I did was to manually rename some of the files, but just the
> ones that were important for me to find when browsing on LMS. The rest I
> want to clean up now.
>
> Unfortunately, the Mac somehow fu**ed up my cue sheets. For example, it
> changed all ä to ‰, ö to ˆ and ü to ¸. At some point I will have to run
> a batch script to change this back.
>
> Anyway, because of this the scan obviously couldn't find some files.
> Here's an example:
>
> -Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE::parse (473) Error: Couldn't find
> referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar -
> Nafâs.wav] on disk! Skipping!-
>
> (This was because â was changed to ‚)
>
> Here's where it gets strange though. I manually copy-pasted the filename
> back into the .cue sheet for a few albums. Scanning still didn't work
> after this:
>
> -Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE::parse (473) Error: Couldn't find
> referenced FILE: [/volume1/music/Ripped CDs/CH/Asita Hamidi's Bazaar -
> Naf‰s.wav] on disk! Skipping!-
>
> LOL, just got a step closer to the solution. Because in the scanner, it
> reads 'Asita Hamadi's Bazaar - Nafs.wav'. However, just now when I
> copy-pasted it ‰ showed up. I clearly have some character encoding
> issues, I have to look into this.
>
> Edit: To be very precise, the forum actually changed the symbol for
> unknown character to ‰. Before I submitted my post, it showed as unknown
> character.
>
> Edit 2: OK, this is clearly just a presentation error. Mac TextEdit
> displays wrong characters, Windows Editor and the LMS software the right
> ones. Regarding the file names, I'm just manually removing special chars
> from all of them now,  this is probably the fastest way to fix this.

NB you probably know .

Linux and therefore most NAS is case sensitive so Album.wav is not the
same as album.wav !

That can happen to you if copy cue files from windows....

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )