PasTim wrote:
> I'm listening to the Radio 3 track stream right now, on firefox 52.02 (a
> downloaded copy because the standard ubuntu ppa version doesn't include
> some widget or other).  It seems to work fine thus far on my desktop
> ubuntu PC.  As you say, being continuous they must have some way of
> syncing it.  It's way behind live FM - so much so I'm not sure how much,
> I'll have to wait for a time check.  When I tried Qobuz some time ago it
> was indeed playing tracks, and I'm not aware of any continuous live
> stream from them (or Tidal).

When playing thew DASH flac through the plugin - there is a long delay
but not the 20 secs - so I'm guess ther 20 secs is the time taken for an
Sb player  to find a good sync point.

Flac is auto syncing - there are regular sync point within the stream
and packets are numbered. I'm guessing that the SB player waiting until
they find a frame number the player considers "valid" whereas the
firefox either doesn't care or it rewrites the sequence numbers before
passing to Flac decoder (which is also libflac same as squeezelite but
may be used differently)