Yes, I would recommend that you make the changes in the specified
thread. For me, this got the XM plugin usable under SS6.5, although
still with problems, such as crashing the server when attempting to
change channels.  I hear what you say about Sirius!  Given that there
isn't much difference in the programming and the price, only my
investment in their equipment keeps me tied to XM.  By the way, the
rumour that Sirius and XM are in talks to combine their services keeps
getting stronger. Don't know how that would work out with them on
different satellites and employing dissimiliar technology.  A swapout
of one or the other's equipment for free, perhaps?  Dream on....

--
raglencross