Cut-Throat wrote:
> I've been running LMS for over 5 years on my Desktop (A very small
> Lenovo TIny M900).. It's on all the time.  I got a Synology NAS system
> about 6 months ago. Is there a good reason to run LMS on the NAS system
> instead of my Desktop Computer?
(Just try it, you can run more than 1 media server in your network.)

For me it is the perfect solution. I have a nas running 24/7. Using it
to host all my photos, videos. Also using it as a mail server. So its
there already. Why not make more use of it and use it also as a music
server! Nowadays, nas are pretty quick and still very reliable. And I
love the install and forget approach. Its just always there.

In some cases there is a downside. If you rely on transcoding
capabilities, some nas may not be suited for the task.

But as said, add some music to the nas, install LMS, and see for
yourself. Make use of the task scheduler if you want, to start/stop LMS
on certain times.

Greetings,

Martin

-Synology nas DS115 - ('LmsUpdate'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103636-Test-Repo-for-LMS-7-9-0-on-Synology-DSM-5-*&p=817970&viewfull=1#post817970))
+ ('LmsRepack'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107180-Synology-7-9-1-packages))
-RPI 3 ('Moode 3.5' (http://moodeaudio.org/)),  IQaudIO Pi-DAC PRO -
Exposure 3010S2 - PMC GB1i
-2x Radio
-Laptop - openSUSE Leap - LMS/Squeezelite