I have two DACs that run off two SBTouch via USB.
- Chord Mojo, capable of 768kHz PCM and DSD256
- Weiss DAC202+ capable of 384kHz PCM and DSD128
The limit of the Squeezebox with Enhanced Digital Output is 192kHz PCM
and DSD64. The two DACs are reported by LMS as being capable of the PCM
rates listed above, which are both >192kHz. 352.8kHz PCM files cannot be
played, as SBTouch is not able to stream them due to HW limitations.
Would it be possible to include a per-player menu point in LMSSettings
that allows to set the maximum PCM samplerate that is supported by the
DAC / Squeezebox combination. In my case this would be 192kHz in both
cases. This would instruct LMS to downsample 352.8kHz to 176kHz, which
SBTouch can handle and pass on to the DAC via USB.
I am aware that this setting would do nothing to resolve the situation
of DSD128 / DSD256 not being playable, but it would solve the PCM
issue.
Could a per-player setting like this be integrated into the LMSSettings
interface?

-  Synology DS1815+ LMSRepack
-  SB3
-  SB Touch (5x)