florca wrote:
> Working fine again now, thanks as ever. Never knew about Systemline
> before your link, and definitely well above my budget. Strange that
> there's absolutely no mention of Logitech or LMS on their site - do they
> have any sort of formal relationship with Logitech? Is Adrian Smith
> linked to them in any way?
I think they may have an agreement of some sort with Logitech (I don't
know the origin of the tech of their players) and Triode/Adrian Smith
never mentioned them - Adrian had his own line into BBC.

> Hope I'm not being paranoid about the future of (your) BBCiPlayer
> though....
I think the BBCiPlayer is OK as long as BBCiPlayer uses the feeds that
BBC publish to vendors (e.g. SystemLine and other internet radio devices
) using the XML program feed and this feed
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/imda/imda_transports.xml ) (IMDA was an old
industry association which hoped to standardise APIs)

BBCiPlayerExtra and segments use old JSON and XML APIs which BBC is
retiring in favor of a different format.  Nitro was the intended
replacement (and is used in Apps which have a Nitro key embedded)  but I
think technology is moving so fast BBC do not want to support another
Public API as with open saource the T&Cs are too hard to get right
(perhaps get_iplayer behaviour is also moulding their actions)