bpa wrote:
> At the moment - none of the settings affect Flac audio quality.
> If stream plays without gaps and no startup delay - then it is probably
> good enough for your setup.
>

> I hope so but I expect BBc will change something between now and then
> but it won;'t be clear until the service starts. So I expect there will
> need to be an update.

Apologies if I am talking nonsense (<cough> not exactly unknown) but I
thought that the Live Stream Preference should be set to -DashFlac >
DASH- for the Radio 3 FLAC stream.

Incidentally, what is the bit depth of the Radio 3 FLAC? I ask because
VLC reports it as 32 bits (!), though I can't believe that is correct.
Also, when using VLC to do a command line stream grab the resulting FLAC
file was 24 bits. All this might well be due to VLC quirks and have
nothing to do with the actual bit rate.

Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant
Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.