BobSammers wrote:
> If it was going to be useful, I had it in mind to look at the
> feasibility of building a tool that would translate the JSON responses
> into a data structure that was compatible with that produced by the
> current XML parser, so it could provide a drop-in replacement. I didn't
> get very far, unfortunately; I didn't even manage to work out how to get
> the Perl environment that LMS runs in, with all its CPAN modules, etc.

There are already libraries for JSON to Perl and I use them for other
data such as the realtime metadata - so no need for any extra work.

The base A-Z and schedules and genre feeds have all been junked - it
doesn't matter whether you aslk for XML or JSON.

For example both of these fail
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.xml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/programmes/a-z/by/a/player.json

and these as well