PasTim wrote:
> Just as a matter of idle interest is there any way to know roughly how
> many people are using iplayer plugins?  If the number of fairly recent
> plugin downloads is known that might give a clue.

Downloads is not a great measure as often users do regular re-installs.

Go to sourceforge URL for my files in the FIles tab and click on the
tiny graph besides the downloads/week number.

Sourceforge keeps stats - daily basis for each file, by country  and by
OS  for example
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bpaplugins/files/BBCiPlayer-V1_5_4c.ZIP/stats/timeline

The stats are interesting for example - this shows there was 4 downloads
of 1.5.2 recently - but since that version has an on-demand issues - it
is possible that is one user re-installing hoping problem will be
fixed.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bpaplugins/files/BBCiPlayer-V1_5_2.ZIP/stats/timeline

I also know when Iput up a personal URL to verify downloads of a new
version of plugin is working for different version of LMS - there is one
UK user who downloads these personal test version of the plugin before I
know the plugin is "safe" - one of these days they may get a surprise !