mherger wrote:
> I wonder what permissions are required and denied :-(.
>
> At the bottom of the authentication screen there should be a link to
> give you the username/password form. Would that work?

Hi

Alas no difference. Spotty starts and stops immediately.

For fun I did try hard coding credentials into settings.pm and
settingsauth.pm.  the client then connects correctly and spotty is shown
as player of choice. But playback sees it play 10secs of each song and
then skip to the next...

So guessing the original error is to do with unpacking the credentials
file? I did also try changing permissions on the credentials file but to
no effect.

Hope this helps
San