> a) If i try to run spotty from the install then the squeezeserver log
> shows it starting then being killed.
_When_ does it start and is being killed? The spotty helper is not a
daemon like the older protocol handler. It's run to do some task, then
exits again. Eg. when you want to play a track, it's fire up to grab
that track, then exits again. And for the next track again, etc. If you
want to validate username/password, it's run with those parameters and
exists with an "ok" or error.

> b) If I try to run the same command line at a terminal then it
crashes
> with Permission denied errors.
Please define "the same". That permission denied has been reported by
some other users :-(. Would you have avahi or some other mdns service
running? Maybe I need to try to catch this issue and handle it in a
smarter way.

> c) If I edit the command line(or edit settings.pm and
settingsAuth.pm)
> to use -u and -p rather than -c and -a  then
> c.1) in a terminal it seems to run okay, showing lots of output as an
> android or windows client connects and plays with no apparent
skipping.

> c.2) In the logitechmedia squeezeserver webpage I don't see anything.
So you're talking about spotty working as a Connect endpoint? THIS IS
NOT SUPPORTED. As outlined in the initial posting.

> d)  If I choose a track from the spotify app on the
> logitechmediasqueezeserver web page and I have credentials set up
then
> it plays the track shows conversion to flac, which means spotty is
> working for the logitechmedia spotify app?
That's all it currently is expected to do. Seems to be working fine
then.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR