I got my killer update as well ... What seems to happen is a missing
response from the CCA. If ou look here,
https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/reference/messages#MediaComm,
every request as an Id that can be read in a following response. I use
that obviously for queuing commands. What happens now is that after the
1st successfull playback, when sending the next serie of request, one
response is never received and I'm stuck. If I force the next command,
player does not work either. So ... I don't know

AppleTV 4, Airport Express