mphearn wrote:
> Thank you Wills and d6jg for your excellent advice - which I intend to
> follow!
>
> I have been a Squeezebox enthusiast for many years and did go through a
> phase with RPi (when it was first released) as an LMS server. Later I
> bought a second-hand QNAP TS-220 and discovered that it came with LMS
> 7.7.2 installed. I therefore discarded the RPi and have been using the
> QNAP as music store and LMS ever since. Everything has been working fine
> until I received the dreaded message from Spotify telling me that they
> are removing Squeezebox support.
>
> Please can you recommend any web resources which would help me to
> configure my new RPi system. (Will my original RPi be ok or do I have to
> buy a new RPi3?)
>
> Thank you again,
>
> Malcolm

The piCorePlayer page should tell you all you need to know...

https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

...either a pi2 or 3 will be fine, obviously a pi 3 will be faster,
worth the £30 investment

I use a pi3 for LMS duties, and pi2s for players, I like to separate the
tasks

N.B. Use a relatively large high speed sd card for the  LMS server pi,
as that's where it builds its cache, alternatively you can direct that
to a USB drive

Cheers Will