Please could you someone provide me with some simple advice on how to
install BBC iplayer.

I am using picoreplayer 3.20. I have installed the bbciplayer that is on
the list of plugins. It plays live ( has no icons) but does not play the
non-live areas.  I assume I need to update the plugin to the latest. Not
sure how I do this - do I take the xml URL link and put it in the extra
repositories and then apply and then re-boot? This does not appear to
work

I have read through  many of the threads but with the hundreds of
save anything before I reboot? How does the selection of the plugin get
from in memory onto disk so it can be read when re-booted ....

So in summary if someone out there can give me a quick guide that would
be great.