Cut-Throat wrote:
> In the Audio world this is not a Big Problem for you..... You can
> completely solve it by investing $169 in a New Synology NAS at this
> link. We should all wish that 'Big disappointments and kids crying'
> could be solved as simple as a $169 solution.  Seriously I have much
> bigger problems than this.... and if this is your biggest problem, you
> are very lucky my friend.
>
> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=CjwKCAjwzMbLBRBzEiwAfFz4gWBue_dqmViWjrHySv9jYjJ_kLna1DV1PfocWvMc0KRbpx7x5pDd1BoCzooQAvD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1237204

I was also initially weary of a Raspi installation and I looked for a
new Synology NAS. Then got a 60€ Raspi 3. The whole installation of LMS
etc. is made very easy with the Max2Play image (the free version is
fully sufficient, I donated a bit anyway). I mounted my music from the
old NAS (as suggested by Michael initial post), activated Spotty in the
LMS web interface. Works like a charm! Thanks Michael.