Hi, I'm  a Newbie and non-technical, so just checking that Spotty won't
run on my old Synology DS207+ with the Marvel Orion CPU and with 28Mb
memory, running squeeze centre 7.5.3 packaged as LMS. am I correct in
assuming that this is too old to run spotty? thankyou, sorry for the
newbie question.

Unfortunately that CPU isn't supported by Spotty. Memory would probably be a bit tight as well. Running LMS on a Pi (while leaving the music files on your NAS) would allow you to use Spotty and offer a better LMS experience overall, too.

--

Michael