I found Larry Narraway's excellent RunScript.pm plugin which I adapted
to provide a more user friendly interface that allows you to set a
sleep duration via the remote before shutting down your PC or putting
it in to standby as appropriate (see attached pm file).

The plugin enables you to configure your own OS specific shutdown or
standby script (see attached sh for Linux). For security under
Linux/OSX it is best to sudo enable the command.

I used to use this all the time for listening to music before going to
bed. Unfortunately, I got distracted with other things and have not had
the chance to update since the change to the new v6.5 plugin framework.
If anyone can provide some guidance as to how to get this running under
v6.5 then I would greatly appreciate it....

|Filename: ShutdownServer.sh.txt                                    |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2035|

kefa

Mac OS X 10.4.8, Slimserver 6.5.0, Netgear  DG834GT fw V1.02.04
Squeezebox 3 fw 64, Primare SPA20, Monitor Audio GR20
Squeezebox 2 fw 64, Denon UD-M30
SoftSqueeze, Cyrus 3, Monitor Audio R90