kingswindsor wrote:
> Ah ok. Not an easy work around then.  Looks as if I really will need to
> upgrade and reconfigure.  Thanks for the advice.
>
> Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

What you could do is switch off LMS on the VB 2.3, get a Pi3 with pCP
install LMS on that and point it at the files on the VB. Network drive
mounting is easy on pCP either by NFS or CIFS/Samba.
I still have a working VB 2.3 configured this way so that I can still
rip CDs but enjoy Spotty and and "local" music on on the Pi based LMS.

(Actually my VB rips straight to my NAS having originally hacked a few
files to move /storage to the NAS via NFS and the Pi points at the NAS
but its the same principle.)

To switch off LMS on the VB I recommend installing webmin on it if you
haven't already, then go to Bootup & Shutdown and set LMS not to start
on boot.
Installing webmin is easy and if you have already hacked your VB then
you probably know how if you haven't already installed it.

(I did install a VB2.4 on a spare box and mounted my NAS on that but
decided the Pi is perfectly adequate as an LMS server and my test box
didn't have a CD drive which is the main attribute that requires VB.)

The downside of this approach is a little extra power being used but
thats about all.

*Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS*
iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
*Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
*Office* - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN
755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom *Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones