erland;158366 Wrote:
> I'm not sure what you try to accomplish here, but if you are looking for
> a "Singles" menu you should use the "Custom Tag Singles" template
> instead which probably would work as you like. Or are you looking for
> something else than a menu that just shows singles ?

I used to have my singles (and respective b-sides etc) tagged with the
title of the single in the ALBUM field but I didn't want to have a list
of singles when I was browsing by album so I made the album field blank.
I did however want to keep this information so I put it in a custom tag
SINGLE. (I also have loads of odd songs that don't belong anywhere
which have both fields blank.)

The "Custom Tag Singles" template goes straight into a list of songs
without first listing the singles to which they belong. I just modified
the "Custom Artist Tag" template to do what I want and (much to my
surprise) I think it actually works! I'm not sure whether my SQL is
correct but (so far so good) it does what I expect.

erland;158366 Wrote:
> The setting does not affect Custom Browse, but I will see if its
> possible to change that or as an alternative add an option to the menu
> template setting to make it possible to not play all tracks.

Editing my custom file I noticed that when it gets down to track level
there is a

<playtype>all</playtype>

I removed this and now it plays just the selected track.

Is this OK to do or are there other implications I have yet to notice?

--
MillmoorRon