Looks like I took some kind of LMS update (v7.9.1, 1510723637) according
to the log and since it did if any of my players have Mixcloud in the
playlist it grinds the server to a basic crawl stop halt so to speak.
Got lots of these messages repeating in the Server log:

[17-11-17 21:05:58.9452] Plugins::MixCloud::ProtocolHandler::getTrackUrl
(109) Error: Cannot get play URL for MendelKa/161620/ from
http://www.mixcloud-downloader.com/MendelKa/161620/

To get the server to respond at all I had to terminate it via task
manager and start it in safe mode.  So, I tried doing my previous trick,
uninstall the plugin, restart, reinstall the plugin, but this time the
problem persists.  I did notice that while the plugin was uninstalled
the server ran like tip top.  Put the plugin back in and then try to
call up Mixcloud... slows down to stop with network connecting errors
from the players.

Any suggestions on how to remove an update in the meantime?