Hm, this should not be needed. I _did_ mean the server cache, you did
not get this wrong.
One reason it might help is if the memory on your iPhone is completely
used up (the disk) because flushing the cache will free up some space
but if this is really the reason I'd expect the issues to come back
because if you free up space used by iPeng some other apps will usually
step in and grab more space instead, especially Photos.

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch*