LMS is on its own Pi 2 with no player and Qobuz (installed trial for
quick test) plays perfectly as do all tracks on NAS.
The only audio settings I adjusted was 'Audio Settings' on the Spotty
config page.

Hmm... the transcoding options? I'd still suggest you try to modify Spotty's transcoding options. They might be set to PCM -> FLAC. Try to disable all transcoding. Or, if it's disabled, enable PCM -> FLAC, just to see whether it's CPU (transcoding enabled) or networking issues (no transcoding, more bandwidtgh).

--

Michael