Meanwhile I have loaded a number of booklets into my music library, all
pdf's. The strange thing is that some get displayed and some not. I

Did you create them all yourself? Where do you get them to displayed or not? What UI are you using? What platform/OS is your LMS running on?

small ones which do not. I have had LMS rescan and rebuilt the library
several times, but still always the very same booklets don't get
displayed.

No need to run a scan for those files. They're looked up whenever you select the option.

Would you have a copy of a non-working file for me?
--

Michael