Hi,

first of all thank you for Spotty!

Now my confusion.

If is disable FLAC, when I play songs I see this: 1411kbps CBR, Ogg
Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted to PCM)

When I enable FLAC, I see this: 705kbps CBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)
(Converted to FLAC)

I though FLAC was the highest quality lossless option, but it is
actually using less bandwidth.  I guess I think the highest quality
option would use the most?  Or am I reading that wrong?

Honestly I'm not exactly sure how it all works.  Is this happening?>
Spotify sends 320kbps Ogg Voris to LMS/Spotty, which converts it to PCM
or FLAC depending on the options enabled in the file type settings?  Is
Spotty always transcoding?  Does that potentially add coloration to the
original signal?

I'm using LMS with Max2Play with a HiFiBerry DAC and am looking to
optimize audio in any place I can so my question is what is the highest
quality option I can choose?

Thanks for any help you can provide.