philippe_44 wrote:
> I think it is expected. Your config file says:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> It tells LMS that this player cannot accept any rate above 96000, so
> LMS should either downsample it or not play it. Anything below can be
> sent. So when you try to send a 192000 track, LMS will downsample it
> below 96000. To what and why not exactly to 96000? I don't know what
> LMS rules LMS applies, candidly, they are beyond my control but it
> seems that LMS is chosing 48000. But when you play a 96000 track, LMS
> just sends it, as it's not above the player's limit that you have set
>
> Then it is received by the bridge (maybe in pcm, maybe in flac,
> depending on "codecs" and the order of them).
>
> Then in this config, the bridge is instructed with the following
> "pcm,r:-96000" (no higher ticked) which means: you have to send
> uncompressed pcm but if you receive a track with a sample rate *below*
> 96000, don't do any resampling, send it to the UPnP device. Anything
> above 96000, please resample it to 96000
>
> So it tries to find an uncompressed format to send it, according to
> "raw_audio_format" parameter. You've just enable "wav", so the bridge
> will simply add a wav header and send the file. So the 192000 track
> that has been downsampled by LMS to 48000 will be sent in wav, in
> 48000, unchanged.
>
> If the config says "pcm,r:96000" (no higher unticked), then it tells
> the bridge: you have to send pcm and you *must* resample *everything*
> to *exactly" 96000. So the 192000 track that has been downsampled to
> 48000 by LMS will be upsampled by the bridge to be 96000.
>
> If you want to exclude LMS resampling from the equation, then just set
> the "sample_rate" to 192000 or higher and then LMS will believe that
> the player can do anything, and the actual sampling rate decision will
> be done solely by the bridge
>
> PS: maybe in fact the "no higher" term if confusing. What I really
> want to say is: "resample to "that" rate if the source if above to it"
Philippe, please forgive me, but I'm going to have to give up, for now
at least.  It's too complicated for me.   I don't understand when I tell
UPnP that it can do 96000, LMS still doesn't believe it and ignores it.
I thought that was the point of setting the player's ability - clearly
not.

I can't get C3PO to work with UPnP to get predictability (it works OK
elsewhere), and most of my other choices don't work for this or that
reason that I don't quite get.

I just tried flow, which didn't work at all with the bridge encoding to
flac (with rates set to 16/44100), and on I went, mostly getting
nowhere.

I think that this extra level of complexity is a step too far for me.  I
applaud all the work you do on this and other bridges, keeping LMS
alive, but I am just not quite up to the clever bits.

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.