FatPete wrote:
> Hi Philippe
>
> Thanks for your ongoing work with this plug-in. I don't have any
> problems, but this is just a question for my own interest.
>
> I've been using LMS along with your plug-in with my Sonos system for a
> few years now in order to handle over 65K tracks and to enable
> downsampled playback of hi-res files. At that time PasTim and yourself
> gave me some pointers to get the downsampling working using a
> custom_conv file (see posts #862, #863 and #867 thru #871 if
> interested).
>
> This has been working perfectly, and when I read your discussions a few
> weeks back about how you've updated the plug-in to do its own
> downsampling, I updated from the v0.3 releases to the latest v1.2 to try
> it out.
>
> The interesting thing is that I've erased my custom_conv file, restarted
> everything, and something somewhere (your plug-in I assume?) appears to
> be correctly downsampling 24/192 to 16/48, despite the <mode> parameter
> in the config file being set to "thru".
>
> As it happens, this is perfect and exactly what I require, but I'm
> interested to find out how it's happening. From what I can tell by the
> documentation, and your comments on post #1842, this should only happen
> when <mode> is -not- set to thru.
>
> I've double-checked the LMS File Types tab to ensure that 24/192 aren't
> being downsampled via sox any more.
>
> No rush for an answer - this is just curiosity. Config file below:

None of the resampling/resizing rules apply when doing "thru". Although,
in theory if the bridge receives uncompressed pcm from LMS, it could
apply rules, but it does not because there is no "r:" or "s:" parameter
associated to the "thru". All it does, is that when receivinbg "pcm"
enven in thru mode, replaygain and fade in/out will work.

NB: you can "cheat" and use "thru,r:44100,s:16" as I'be not blocked that
if you manually edit he config file, but I really recommend against that

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5