There is no working old iPlayer plugin version 1.3, users have to
manually apply about 3 patches to the file. I know mherger moved the
repo for the old 1.3 as the previous ones stopped working. But even with
the newer repo I'm not sure bpa can put out an iPlayer 1.3, it was
Triodes and maybe only he can issue a new one  or maybe now only mherger
can (I'm not sure what the restrictions are).

In addition to which, I suspect bpa doesn't want to be responsible for
merging all the 1.3 patches and issuing an updated 1.3 and then dealing
with the support problems as they arise.

Better in my view to let 1.3 wither on the vine and do no work about it.
What I was asking is if it had already completely withered, but if live
play still works I guess not.