CAK1 wrote:
> Just messed around with it some more (at least the spotify user
> settings). Seems that when I just do the authorization via the smart
> authorize, spotify connect comes up on all iPhone devices (all accounts
> connected to my family account on the same wifi) however in order to
> play spotify on the squeezebox, the squeezebox is telling me it needs my
> web credentials. When I add the web credentials in the spotty plugin in
> LMS, spotify connect disappears on everyone else's device. At that point
> the only person that can play spotty from an iphone device is myself.

It shouldn't make any difference whether you add credentials manually or
through an app. The resulting credentials file would be the same.

BUT: don't confuse auth mode with being able to play! Spotty would
indeed announce itself in the network in auth mode, making it visible to
all devices. But you won't be able to play. As soon as you select that
device, the helper would end and save the credentials. You'll then have
to configure Spotty to expose your player(s) as Connect targets (see the
Spotty settings). And make sure the announcement in the network is not
disabled in Spotty.

If you had another computer to cross-test I'd be interested to know
whether this is just a Windows Vista issue. What you're describing
sounds rather unique (starting playback 30s in to the track). As is your
computer. I don't know whether I've seen anybody else trying Spotty on
Vista...

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo