Thanks. It's a Synology DS216+II, which has a Celeron N3060 and a
Linux-based OS. It's pretty capable.

Should definitely be good enough. How much memory? Are you running lots of other services on it?

I turned on debug logging, and watching the log, I see that every time
there's a silence, it gives a cache purge message:

Code:
     Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::purgeAudioCacheAfterXTracks (442) Played 4
song(s) since last audio cache purge.

That's odd, as this usually should be a quick check with nothing to do. In particular as long as that number is lower than 5...

Would you know how to ssh in to your box? If so, could you please "ls -al" the content of the spotty subfolder inside LMS' cache folder (see Settings/Information)?

--

Michael