Hi slimdevices forums!

We recently published a new Instructable based on our head developer's
Max2Play + LMS Setups in bath and bedroom.

It includes different tips on setting up new multiroom zones with
Max2Play and Squeezebox software as well as new info on using our free
API-Examples plugin to quickly implement various commands and tasks like
play, new song, etc. by copy-pasting from our web interface to a home
automation system of your choice.

'Check it out on Instructables.com
'
(https://www.instructables.com/id/Smart-Music-in-Bedroom-and-Bath-With-Raspberry-Pi-/)

Here's an excerpt:

25837

-For the bedroom setup we built wooden boxes where our speakers would
fit in. Then we cut out holes of the wall, which had the size of those
boxes. Finally, we screwed the boxes tight into the wall. All hardware
is still accessible through a revision opening.

To control the speakers, you may use a smartphone app or connect the
player with existing home automation buttons e.g. on the door of your
bedroom. You could add a long button push to activate the sleep timer
and a short push for Play/Pause. The Squeezebox Server, thanks to its
open interface, offers many possibilities to configure any commands.
Fitting HTTP and CLI commands can be found in our API-Examples plugin
which is also preinstalled and can be activated free in our inactive
Plugins section under Settings/Reboot.

Example HTTP command for "start playing":

http://SQUEEBOXSERVERIP:PORT/status.html?p0=play&player=MACADDRESS-

|Filename: FSEH821JMYWTRTT.LARGE.jpg                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25837|