Peter Galbavy wrote:
> It's pretty standard, especially if you want to access it outside the
> home network. Protecting the external access with TLS is possible via a
> proxy.
>
> I believe it's a requirement, in fact, for the settings at least - there
> are other threads about that too.

Yeah, I was just looking at that. Still, not sure what I can do. The
skin can't be loaded until a connection is made, by entering
username+password, and this is all handled by the browser. There is no
way for my code to get the auth details, so I can't use any existing
auth for new calls. If I could somehow access the username+password,
then I could simply add these to all the JSONRPC calls - which is
trivial to do. But, I cannot get access to it, without re-asking the
user for username+password for the skin to store - which seems silly.