cpd73 wrote:
> Is your server (as in LMS) heavily loaded? That's a lot of network
> errors.

Absolutely not overloaded.

My first thought was towards a wake-from-sleep issue, but we can reject
that possibility as my system and disks are set to never sleep.

A scenario I can think of - Time Machine may be doing its backups and if
Material Skin has a very short timeout or LMS doesn't respond quickly
enough, perhaps this situation can occur?   Clearly it is getting the
metadata, enough to start playback and show the track count.  I'll
certainly watch for Time Machine interactions in the future.

I almost always use Firefox - I could use Safari exclusively for
Material Skin to test if the issue is triggered by Firefox (and the few
extensions I have installed).  I'll start with this now.