mherger wrote:
> > The other account is the very cryptic user name like
> > "hig90iv9o2pimzg1ktq...."
>
> Could you please check the various credentials.json files you'll find in
>
> LMS' cache folder, below the Spotty sub-folder? They should have a
> "username" field. Is this the nice name, or the "garbage" you're
> seeing?
>
> > What do I wrong?
> > Is it possible to rename this entry?
>
> You certainly don't do anything wrong. I thought I had some code to take
>
> care of this. But am not sure, tbh.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I was helping someone set up their Raspberry Pi the last few days and
noticed that Spotify had recently changed their user name to a cryptic
code like '6tvg46bbjjagltzdb4fjxp6xn' for a user name.... I had this Rpi
set up any working but between the trial and the Premium Version period
some changes at Spotify seemed to 'disconnect' the player from Spotify..
We started over with a new account, but I failed to get the Rpi and
Spotify connected. I am going to take the Rpi Player to my home later
this work and try to get Spotify working again... This is the first time
I have failed to connect a Spotify Account with a LMS Raspberry Pi
Player.

My System is at home is working, but I have had Spotify for a couple
years.... So, I am guessing some Changes at Spotify have disrupted
things for new accounts?????