I have created a small applet to allow the Squeezebox Radio Line Input
to be selected by holding the Home or Sleep buttons on either the device
itself, or using the remote.

Installation:
Add my repository to the bottom of the Plugins section of the LMS
Settings screen
http://www2.woodbine.me.uk/squeezebox/repo/repo.xml

On the Radio, go to Settings>Advanced>Applet Installer
Ensure "Recommended Applets Only" is not checked.
Select "Line-In Button"
Restart the radio

Usage:
Hold down the Home or Sleep button on the device or remote for a couple
of seconds and the Line-In should be selected.

Enjoy!

1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller