I've created two issue in github for this, so that they are not
forgotten. As for the "Tune In URL" I don't see this in SqueezeCtrl, but
it is in iPeng. Not sure what command is used, and why it is not in
Material's lists. Also, the name implies it only supports TuneIn URLs,
is this correct? If so, would a generic "Add URL" dialog not be better?
i.e. allowing to add any URL to the queue. Is there any benefit to
adding a TuneIn specifc URL? Not sure when you would use this over just
searching for the station.

I think the confusing terminology has some historical reasons: TuneIn used to be called RadioTime back when we started using them for the Radio menu. The "Tune in" menu item is rather supposed to be a "Tune in to some URL" than service specific. But back in the days there was no such confusion, as TuneIn wasn't called TuneIn yet. It's indeed very generic. As somebody mentioned you can use it to run any type of URI you want.

--

Michael