chill wrote:
> Ooh - tricky question.  I don't think I'd know where to start!  I see a
> lot of devices being sold on on eBay, but I'd guess that most end up
> connecting again with their new owners.  So the total number of hardware
> devices probably isn't going down very fast.  On the contrary, probably
> the pCP/Max2play/etc devices are growing in number faster than the
> original hardware is dying.  But I would have no clue how to estimate
> that number.  Maybe a number in the 10s of thousands in the UK, but
> multiplied up around the world - no idea!

I think higher than that in UK. SBs were sold in the likes of Currys for
a period as well as John Lewis etc. I think perhaps a couple of hundred
thousand.

If you scanned the internet for port 9000 and then multiplied the result
by 100 on the basis that only 1% of people have open ports would that
give us a clue or do we think 1% is too low? I'm not really advocating
that but I do remember a post where someone did just that and came back
with an enormous number.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng