> I've developed a basic but pretty functional Flash-based control app for
> SlimServer. It installs like and can be accessed like a skin in your web
> browser.

Wow! That's what I dreamt my SlimRemote should look one day :-). And it's
fast, even on my Via C3 server it only takes a few seconds to populate all
the lists.

Concentrate on everyday's usage, forget about the settings page - just add
a link to the normal web interface to some nice button. The settings code
is going to change completely in SlimServer 7.0. Any hour spent on the
settings is wasted imho.

> There's a lot of functionality still missing (internet radio, a true

Radio should be pretty simple to add: most (all?) built-in plugins use the
same code base, offer the same functionality through CLI (radio &
Podcast). "can radioio" etc. should tell you whether a plugin is available
or not. Create a radio class which you can instanciate for the different
channels. (more probably over in the developers forum).

> search function, and password support...not to mention control over
> server settings), but it feels more than half-finished. So I'm calling
> this, arbitrarily, version 0.6.

Others would call it 2007 :-)

> Available (with source) at http://solaristics.net/slimfx

I installed it on my server right away.

BTW: is flex/flash related to java?

Great work, really. I hated that "flash is bs" smashing because it's not
about the tool, but about how you use it. You did very fine :-).

--

Michael