My question is: can the plugin just stay in state 1?

That's obviously how it should be working. Next time you get in to this situation please check the cache folder (see Einstellungen/Information/Zwischenspeicher-Ordner). In there you should find a folder "spotty" with various sub-folders. Would you find a credentials.json anywhere in there? If so, would you mind dropping me a copy:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

If that file does not exist, then something's wrong. It's where your credentials token is being stored. If that file disappears, you'd have to re-authenticate. But this should never happen.

--

Michael