philippe_44 wrote:
> Bad news ... I was wrong, updating Net::SSLeay does not solve the
> problem on the Pi. My small filtering script of server.log was incorrect
> so I simply missed the issues. Back to square one.
>
> I've tried to change the SSL protocol version & encryption cipher in
> HTTPS.pm, no result (I've verifed that with an incorrect
> version/encryption, LMS barfs). I've tried no authentication, no
> encryption, same result.
>
> I've reconfirmed by listening the audio myself and using my UPnP Bridge
> with foobar2K as a player, issue does *not* happen on my Windows and
> *does* happen almost all the time (>90%) on the Pi during the 1st block
> playback.
>
> With the UPnP Bridge, foobar2000 whines that it receives suddenly a
> corrupted flac frame and then stops (hence it's easier to track). Again,
> the same fb2k, same Bridge running on same platform (remember the Bridge
> does not need to run together with LMS), if LMS is Windows, no problem
> happens. It does sounds like a corrupted ssl exchange at some point, but
> can't find where.
>
> I'm running out of ideas
>
> [edit]: for clarity, the ssl socket closes *before* foobar2000 whines
> about corrupted frame. It's not foobar2000 having an issue and then
> causing LMS to stop and close the socket, this is the other way around.

I can't add anything remotely as technical as this (it's beyond me) but
just to say I still regularly have the same jumping issue.  I have the
latest version of LMS running on a WHS-2011 server.  It works perfectly
for everything else on LMS, it's just the RP Flac streams (all of them)
that I have issues with.  every 2-3 songs the song ends early and jumps
either to a Bill or Rebecca announcement or to another song.

The weird thing is that it every time it does the jump thing it steps
forward a few songs and gradually gets out of sync with the normal AAC
stream.  I was listening to the Flac stream this morning.  I then went
into another room that was playing the AAC 320mbs stream.  The AAC
stream was around an hour behind the Flac stream.

If you switch RP-flac off and then go back in, it is in sync with the
AAC stream … until it does one of it's little jumps.