robanglin wrote:
> For my system, it became pervasive a couple of days before Christmas
> 2018 (~Dec 23?). Prior to that, it's quite possible that it was
> happening sporadically/infrequently enough that I didn't notice...
> However, going back through the postings on this forum, it's my
> impression that a number of people (philsparks in particular) have been
> struggling with this issue for longer than I have.

That's right, it's never worked for me.  For most of the time I've had
LMS running on a WHS-2011 server with a fully wired network (internet is
200mb/s and works fine with HD TV so I don't think that's the issue).  A
while ago (maybe 6mths?) I tried uninstalling LMS from the server and
putting it on a RPi (I didn't turn the server off as that's where all my
flac CDs are stored) but I did uninstall LMS from the server.  It seemed
to be pretty much the same with this set up so I reverted to LMS on the
server.  This did make me think that it's either something to do with my
network (which is odd as it runs perfectly for every other device and
application) or maybe something to do with WHS-2011.  We listen to Radio
Paradise pretty much all day so are quite sensitive to these jumps.

My gut feel is that the stops & jumps happen less often now, maybe every
4 or 5 songs, but it hasn't gone away.

If there's anything that I can do to help, please let me know.  I'm
Linux dimbo so you'd have to be super clear, but I'm happy to help.

As an aside the AAC stream works perfectly, it's often left on 24x7 and
the flac stream on a phone works perfectly too.

cheers
Phil