jstraw wrote:
> And now it's connected on the tablet...for the first time since last
> night.

After some testing, I found that I can make the problem appear by fully
stopping the app; ie. open the recent apps list and swiping away the
app. Then the next time the app launches the connection problem
appears.

Turns out the problem had nothing to do with any changes I made to the
code.  Instead the problem was with the Google provided app package
building tools.  Apparently, Google introduced a new packager some time
after the previous version of Squeeze Ctrl and it was this packager
that's causing the problem.  I made a new app package using the old
packager and the problem went away.  The update should be live soon.