wt0 wrote:
> After some testing, I found that I can make the problem appear by fully
> stopping the app; ie. open the recent apps list and swiping away the
> app. Then the next time the app launches the connection problem
> appears.
>
> Turns out the problem had nothing to do with any changes I made to the
> code.  Instead the problem was with the Google provided app package
> building tools.  Apparently, Google introduced a new packager some time
> after the previous version of Squeeze Ctrl and it was this packager
> that's causing the problem.  I made a new app package using the old
> packager and the problem went away.  The update should be live soon.

This is great news. Thank you!

It may not be important to report more about this behavior, but I will,
because it may or may not be consistent with what you've found, and may
be useful.

Since I use the tablet exclusively as an at-home controller, the server
was set up as a local I.P. (192.168.1.xxx) and that always worked fine.
But has stopped working. I changed it to the hostname I use for remote
access (hostname.dyndns.org) and it works just fine. I assume that if I
change it to the VPN IP that host points to, that would work too. I have
not tested that.