I managed to cause LMS to lose track of the new stream's metadata by
quickly switching back-and-forth between the plugin and the favorite.
Restarting didn't immediately help. But after I shut it down and went
away for a few hours, when I returned the favorite had its metadata
again. Switching quickly between favorites sometimes produces similar
confusion.

As there's no information in the stream itself, the metadata update must rely on timers. Whenever I receive data from RP, it would tell me how long it would be valid. If you jump around, causing re-buffering or whatever I could imagine some timer getting out of sync. But as soon as the next metadata is due it should re-sync again.

Repeated re-buffering due to networking issues could potentially get it out of sync for good. Eg. the stream data would be behind the "live" stream.

--

Michael