I did not know about the Material Skin plugin until I saw Michael's
response to John H. Darko's post! Needless to say, I immediately
installed it and gave it a run, going to :9000/material/desktop in my
browser. Within the first minute of use however, I had LMS hung like a
horse: I had tried to select Michael's plugin, "What Was That Tune?" and
LMS became unresponsive. i was using the Radio Paradise plugin, playing
the main interactive FLAC stream and then when trying to display the
list of recently played songs using "What Was That Tune?," the song list
showed up immediately, but the accompanying artwork failed to appear;
fetching that artwork appears to be the problem.

Displaying artwork for files that are local to the server is not an
issue; it appears to be specific to songs that were streamed. After
failing to fetch the artwork, the material dashboard becomes
unresponsive and eventually the music I am playing comes to a stop too.

I verified that it is not Michael's plugin itself, as it continues to
work nicely in the default LMS web page display and also in Android apps
such as Squeeze Ctrl and Orange Squeeze, where all the artwork pops up
almost immediately.

Once I am certain I am not experiencing pilot error here, I will try to
open an issue for this on GitHub, lms-material.

*Squeezebox setup:* SBT + DIY PSU -> CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU
*Main rig:* Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp -> Emotiva XPA-DR2 amplifier ->
B&W 804D speakers
*Music server:* Puget Systems Serenity server running Linux + LMS 7.9.2
-> WiFi router
*Other stuff:* NAD C542 CDP, NAD 6300 Tape, Monster 5100 Power
conditioner