rgdawson wrote:
> I don't know.  What happens if you use the Ip address of the server
> (10.0.3.208) instead of jukebox.localhost?
>
> R Greg Dawson

I guessed the origin of the problem: if I enter the ip address in the
hostname field everything works fine and I get a working window with LMS
Material skin. If I enter the *hostname with no domain* (hence *no "."
in it*, just "jukebox" and not "jukebox.localhost") it works fine.

It hangs with a black windows only if I enter a *fully qualified
hostname*, that indeed *contains a dot character, like
"jukebox.localhost"*.

For me it now works, but maybe you wish to investigate further whether
any parsing code assumes that the presence of a dot implies having an ip
address in the hostname field and hence no DNS lookup is needed, and
then code takes a wrong path.

Thanx for your support, Paolo.