rgdawson wrote:
> OK.  This is curious.  I'm guessing you have SLX configured to
> automatically start on boot up?  If you disable automatic run of SLX on
> startup (using Task Manager), then start the app manually after booting,
> does that exhibit the error?  I'm expecting (hoping) you to tell me
> "no"; that this approach  works.  If that is the case, then that is a
> clue.  It may be that certain devices (e.g. network adapter) are not
> ready when SLX starts.  I may need to add some extra code to detect and
> wait if needed.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to tell me about this.
>
> R Greg Dawson
In looking at my code, I found a case that the error you describe will
indeed happen if the computer does not have a network card installed or
returns a blank string when fetching the local IP address.  So, of
course, that leads me to think that if when SLX starts up, if the
network card is not "there" yet, you would also see this.  I am adding
code to detect this situation and if there is no network card, or maybe
more precisely, no IP address, then wait a bit for one to show up.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X