OK, I upgraded the Win7 VM to 7.9.2
It wasn't painless to keep all settings :

At first, all plug-ins were showing, but then since my library was
empty, I had to re-point to the music folder in the control panel (the
path was correct, but it is a host drive shared as a network drive
through VMWare, maybe that was the issue).
Then (maybe after a LMS restart, not sure now), all plug-ins were gone.

I reselected then all in settings, re-imported a trackstat backup since
stats were gone too.

Then for a while everything worked fine, dynamic + sql playlists etc.

At some point, LMS froze, CPU to 50% and no webUI response. Restarted
the whole VM, to no avail. LMS wouldn't start.

I cleaned the cache and restarted everything : LMS did start, but I lost
all plug-ins again. I'll now try to re-enable them again, but if this
doesn't stabilise, it will definitely be a showstopper WRT 7.9.2 ...